Founder & CEO of Electrify PR
(photo: Jourdann sporting an INKED by Dani temporary tattoo in front of her “dope” wall art)
What do you REALLY do?
Some might think of me as a PR wizard (like a publicist version of Hermione Granger ;)).
I’m a professional storyteller who has led PR efforts for Men’s Health, Gilt, Timex, JCPenney, Kate Spade New York, and more. And now I’m off on my own representing really cool, hand-curated clients like Beam Street, Reliefband, INKED by Dani, and more.
How would you sum up the 3 most important things you learned in your 30 some odd years in 3 bullets?!
- This too shall pass: Rather than agonizing over a mistake, try to learn from it and move forward!
- Be yourself: Cliché (I know), but I learned when starting my own business that being myself and being confident in my abilities really pays off.
- Make time for exercise: Exercise has a host of benefits and is a great stress reliever. With the recent proliferation of at-home workout choices, you no longer have an excuse to avoid working out!
What’s your special superpower?
I am a power penner. From press releases to email pitches to brand messaging, I use words to breath life into companies.
What are your top 3 bucket list items?
- I would love to go skiing in Europe, when we’re able to travel again! Austria is at the top of my list.
- I want to be fluent in Spanish again! I took Spanish for 7 years in school, but unfortunately my Spanish-speaking abilities are rusty.
- I’ve been wanting to see Daft Punk live, forever; they’re such legends!
What’s your fave band, DJ or Artist of all time?
Rüfüs Du Sol.
What’s your #quarantineroutine?
My morning routine is rather straightforward, because I’m not really a morning person! I’m more of a night owl. I will say that I always reference my to-do list in the AM; it’s important to lay out priorities and be organized about tackling the day’s deliverables.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure? (better be goooood)
I am obsessed with the New York Post; I refresh its app on my phone all the time. The pun-filled headlines kill me!
What skills/connections etc. are you looking to share?
I am looking to share my PR expertise, writing skills, and communications strategy experience.
What skills/connections are you looking to receive?
I would like to be connected with more inspiring female founders, startup owners, and people with a unique story. I love meeting new people and networking.